Languages spoken: English, Spanish, German, French, Russian
Location:: Unimed Coral Ridge, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Harvard College, Bachelors of Arts Chemistry- Summa Cum Laude- Cambridge, MA 1974
Oxford University- Postgraduate- B.A. Biochemistry- 1st class honours- England, 1976
Harvard-MIT Division in Health Sciences and Technology- Medical School- M.D. Cum Laude- Cambridge, MA 1980
INTERNSHIP / RESIDENCY:
Department of Medicine, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, MO 1980-83
Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Department of Biochemistry, Washington University of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 1983-84
Renal Fellowship: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 1984-87
Dr. Moskowitz is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Nephrology. His expertise is in the field of kidneys and geriatric care. He has served as Assistant Professor for the Nephrology Division for the Department of Internal Medicine and the Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science at St. Louis University School of Medicine.
PUBLICATIONS INCLUDE: (These are a few from 43 publications)
- “The effect of Vitamin D metabolites on the bovine parathyroid gland”. Thesis submitted for honors, Harvard-MIT Division 1980.
- “The Tension between work and growth: a cellular concern”- 1986
- “Functional Obstructive Uropathy: a significant actor in the hyponatremia of psychogenic polydipsia”- 1992
Dr. Moskowitz was granted three patents:
- Nitric Oxide Synthase Gene Polymorphisms
- Method to treat pulmonary hypoplasia in the newborn
- Treatment or prevention of acute renal failure